OUT OF STATE PLAYER INSTRUCTIONS:
2015 - 2016
US Youth Soccer policy requires that players register under the State Association in which they reside. Maryland-resident players that wish to join travel teams rostered under other US Youth Soccer state associations must take the following steps:
- The player must register with the “home” state association (MSYSA).
- The player must obtain MSYSA approval to join an out of state team.
- The player must obtain permission from the other state association to join one of their teams.
Registration with MSYSA (the first step) is accomplished using the link to the on line registration system shown at the bottom of this page.
- During the "OOS" registration process, you will need to enter information about the out of state team (other state association, club name, team name, gender, and age). Please obtain this information from the team before starting the on line registration in the MSYSA system.
- After all of the player information has been entered, you will need to upload two files. Please have both files available on your computer for upload prior to starting the registration because you will not be able to return to the process after ending the session.
- A player photo in JPG format. Please see the document “Digital Photo Guidelines” on the Registration page of this web site.
- An acceptable Proof of Age (POA) document. Please see the “Acceptable Proofs of Age” document on the Forms page of this web site.
A full set of instructions can be viewed on (or downloaded from) this web site: "Out of State Player Instructions."