Health and fitness articles by Dr. Alan Sokoloff, D.A.C.B.S.P.
Preventing Dehydration: Here’s How - Action Steps (article 3)
Preventing Dehydration: Starts Right Here - Be Aware! (article 2)
Preventing Dehydration: Starts Right Here (article 1)
Brief Bio of Dr. Alan K. Sokoloff, D.A.C.B.S.P.:
- Dr. Alan K. Sokoloff, or “Dr. Sok”, as his patients refer to him, is the owner/clinic director of the Yalich Clinic Performance and Rehabilitation in Glen Burnie, MD, where he has practiced for over 23 years.
- Dr. Sok is the current president of the Maryland Chiropractic Association.
- Dr. Sok was selected as Maryland’s Chiropractor of the Year 2001-02 and the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physician’s Sports Chiropractor of the Year 2006.
- He holds a post-graduate degree as a Diplomat of the American Chiropractic Board of Sports Physicians.
- Dr. Sok has been a member of the University of Maryland Sports Medicine Team since 1991 working with the UMBC Retrievers and Maryland Terps.
- He served a residency at the United States Olympic Training Center, summer of 1997 and was selected to the medical team for the United States at the 1998 Goodwill Games.
- Dr. Sok was appointed to the USA Olympic Medical Team for the 1999 Pan Am Games in Winnipeg, Canada.
- He continues to be the team chiropractor for Baltimore Ravens of the NFL since 1999.
- He is a medical team member for the Bowie Baysox (Orioles AA team), and has worked with the Washington Nationals (MLB) and Baltimore Blast (MISL).
- He is a “wellness consultant” for many companies and municipalities, including Anne Arundel County.
- For over 10 years, Dr. Sok hosted a weekly health, interactive radio program in Baltimore called “Talkin’ Back” on AM-680 WCBM.
- He has also written and helped produce a series of award winning Injury Prevention Videos for the Library Video Network.